NEIWPCC is hosting the next Massachusetts Title 5 System Inspector Certification Course
November 18 & 21, 2022 from 9am – 12pm (virtually)
The registration packet can be found on NEIWPCC’s website here. This contains information on the class as well as lists the course eligibility requirements. The class will take place virtually on GoToTraining. You will be emailed a link to the training, if are eligible for the training. If you are ineligible, you will be contacted and, if you aren’t eligible, your paperwork will be returned to you.
The required in-person exam will take place December 7th or 8th in NEIWPCC’s office in Lowell, MA. All individuals who enter NEIWPCC offices are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Visitors should NOT enter NEIWPCC’s office if displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 or if exposed to the virus in the days leading up to the visit. Information on NEIWPCC’s COVID-19 Policy can be found here. We will have an alternate exam location for people who are not vaccinated on December 8th at 10 am only. The location is TBD.
Applications are not considered complete unless all of the following items are received by NEIWPCC:
- completed registration form
- payment (or copy of municipal payment request – purchase orders not accepted)
- completed eligibility application
- proof of eligibility
- copy of driver's license
- copy of vaccine card
Eligibility – You are considered eligible for the System Inspector certification course if you have at least one of these qualifications:
- Mass. Registered Professional Engineer (civil, sanitary or environmental)*
- Mass. Certified Health Officer*
- Mass. Registered Sanitarian*
- Board of Health Member or Agent with at least one year’s experience
- Engineer in Training (civil, sanitary or environmental engineering)
- Professional Home Inspector
- Licensed Septage Hauler
- Septic System Installer
- Septic System Inspector Apprentice with at least one year of experience in inspection or design
*These qualifiers are eligible to take the certification training but aren’t required to take the training or exam as they are pre-approved to become Mass. Title 5 System Inspectors by filing a pre-approval application:
- Mass. Registered Professional Engineer (civil, sanitary or environmental)
- Mass. Certified Health Officer
- Mass. Registered Sanitarian
If you don’t fit any of the eligibility criteria, you are not able to take the class per Massachusetts State Environmental Code (310 CMR 15.300). Your paperwork will be returned to you.
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Jenkins at NEIWPCC | 978-349-2516 or mjenkins@neiwpcc. Thank you!